Background

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

15 Months

Josh is 15 months old today! How the time flies. I can't believe how big he is. He has changed so much even since his first birthday. Josh understands so much of what we say now. I love it. He can say a lot of words... He says ball, dog, yes, no, book, shoes, momma, dadda, Dorothy(door...th..e),no dont, bob (bob the builder), water (wawa), bottle (baba), door, Josh, horse - I probably missed something, but those are the basics:) He loves animals and balls and he is a total people person. He loves vacations. He will throw a little fit on the way to the store but then on a road trip he hardly makes a peep. I swear it's like he knows we're going somewhere fun. He's never been the greatest eater but lately he's been eating much better and it shows!!! Much to my pleasure. This morning he drank a bottle, ate oatmeal and half of a little breakfast sandwich- that is A LOT for him He does love water though and LOVES his milk-baba's. He gets SO excited. He is finally sleeping through the night- when we're not on vacation. No more 2am parties. Thank Goodness. He is the sweetest little boy. He's very good at giving loves. He is so sweet and surprisingly careful with little babies. He likes babies a lot and likes to rub their hair. When we go over to other houses, he's often toting around a doll and a ball. He has learned in the last month how to go down the stairs- it took a while considering we don't have stairs. He loves to climb on our coffee table and couch. He climbs onto our shoe shelf and onto the couch. He give high fives and knuckles- my aunt taught him knuckles. He is good at cleaning up his things. He's thrown several things away in the last several months. The latest thing being our remote. He loves to clean the house. He is always getting into the broom and wants to help me sweep and vacuum. When I mop or if he drops something on the kitchen floor he gets out a rag- of course he knows where they are being as silly as he is- and starts rubbing the floor with it. A huge smile on his face. It is hilarious. He LOVES LOVES LOVES going outside. He wishes he could live out there and throws several fits a day when we can't go outside. They are similar to the fits he throws anytime his daddy goes anywhere without him. He LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES his daddy and wants to be with him every second he's home. Wyatt can't even change his clothes after work without Josh throwing a fit.lol. He sure is opinionated and knows exactly what he wants. The first year he was very attached to me and Wyatt couldn't even feed him. Now he clings to daddy. He just barely started getting attached to his lion and blankets. This morning he refused to eat without his lion and he wanted to feed himself. Good thing it's wash day:) I love how passionate he is about everything. It drives me nuts sometimes- Wyatt says it's because Josh and I are so similar which is probably true- but I love my little boy so much. His stubbornness will someday be a very good thing. Sometimes I go in his room after he's fallen asleep and just watch him. His cute little self. I love that he's growing up and yet it makes me sad at the same time. I just want as much time with him as I can get. His cute little laugh and his hugs and kisses and smile that I love so much. If only time didn't go so fast and at the same time I love how he feels so big and is always learning how to do something new. I am so blessed to be his mother.

2 comments:

  1. It was so great to see you guys! Josh is getting so big. And I also love how he knows what he wants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I can't wait to see you guys again in a few weeks!!! It will be so much fun!!! Haha. I love it too! He definitely has an opinion.

      Delete